UPDATED in May 2018
The best deodorant for sensitive skin is free of alcohol-based compounds, parabens, or strong artificial fragrances. All of these harsh chemicals could irritate your skin and make wearing antiperspirant significantly unpleasant. We gathered some high-quality options that will keep your armpits dry and fresh while also keeping the skin healthy and breezy.
11. Dove Men+Care Antiperspirant Deodorant
This is our favorite deodorant for sensitive skin for men because it works just as well as regular deodorants and it also smells as fresh as these do. It is the all-natural alternative to commercial deodorants in the true sense of the word. Many customers consider it the best smelling deodorant for men, and after just one sniff we tend to agree.
The Signature Mind Every Man Jack is completely paraben- and aluminum-free. As for its fragrance, it mimics classic men’s deodorant perfectly. The special blend of essential oil and plant extracts provides men with the smell they have gotten used to from a regular deodorant, all without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Discreet fresh citrus smell
- Certified organic
- Only lasts around 6 hours
No products found.
10. Degree Men Original Protection Antiperspirant Deodorant
This all-natural deodorant for sensitive skin is water-based, which makes it extremely gentle. In fact, the DERMAdoctor all-natural antiperspirant can even be used immediately after shaving because it will not cause stinging, burning, or itching. Aside from the fact that it is extremely efficient against body odors, Total Nonscents will even lighten the wearer’s skin tone.
In addition, its quick-drying formula will leave no white residue on the skin and it will not stain clothing. Therefore, it is one of the best deodorants for sensitive skin out there.
- Very gentle even on freshly shaved skin
- Not ideal for intense physical activity
No products found.
9. Kopari Aluminum-Free Deodorant
This deodorant for sensitive skin combines organic ingredients like arrowroot powder, magnesium hydroxide, and essential oils. The Meow Meow Tweet Deodorant Cream provides superior protection from unwanted body odors. in addition, it is completely baking soda free, which makes it suited for every type of skin and all ages. It will leave your underarm area velvety, dry and fresh and it will keep you odor-free for hours.
This deodorant comes in a variety of scents like grapefruit (also includes lemon, sweet orange, and bergamot essential oils) or lavender (also includes tea leaf extract). A good deal of customers state this is the best smelling deodorant for women with sensitive skin. You have to apply the baking soda free deodorant cream from Meow Meow Tweet manually so it provides extra nourishment to the skin.
- Gentle formula – does not irritate freshly shaved or waxed skin
- Easy to apply thanks to the smooth texture
- Delicate fresh smell
- People who tend to sweat more will need to reapply every 6 hours or so
- Can stain delicate clothes
- BACK IN STOCK-- GET IT WHILE IT LASTS-- SOLD OUT 5 TIMES | ALUMINUM-FREE DEODORANT- Sweat is natural, aluminum on your...
- GOES ON CLEAR - our deodorant glides on smooth without leaving a sticky, white residue
- NATURALLY BASED AND MADE WITH ORGANIC COCONUT OIL- Our lightly coconut milk scented unique blend of coconut water,...
8. SweatBlock Antiperspirant
The Weleda Citrus Deodorant comes in a delightful spritz antiperspirant that provides a refreshing boost of energy every time you use it. Its main ingredient is organic citrus oil, which is an excellent natural antiperspirant. The aluminum salt-free formula makes it an amazing deodorant for sensitive skin because it eliminates some of the most harmful chemicals used in commercial products. Weleda has replaced artificial fragrances with the natural freshness of citrus oil to provide people with sensitive skin with a high-quality natural deodorant alternative that will keep them sweat-free.
- Maintains the natural regulating functions of the skin while also keeping you fresh
- Easy to apply
- Long-lasting effects
- The smell wears out rather quickly
- Although much more effective than the previously mentioned ones, it’s not recommended for intense physical activities
- STAY DRY FOR UP TO 7-DAYS PER USE* - Extra strength antiperspirant for anti sweat protection
- TREAT HYPERHIDROSIS & EXCESSIVE SWEATING - Clinical strength antiperspirant for hyperhidrosis treatment
- DOCTOR RECOMMENDED ANTIPERSPIRANT FOR MEN AND WOMEN - Tested on The Rachael Ray Show
7. Old Spice Aluminum Free Deodorant
Lavanila’s Healthy Deodorant is one of the best natural deodorants for sensitive skin. This deodorant has a well-crafted formula that is extremely efficient, as well as notably nourishing for the skin. The active ingredients in this product are organic essential oils which are topped with anti-oxidants and an efficient beta-glucan technology.
The Healthy Deodorant combines luxurious coconut oil with refreshing lemon peel oil and delicate aloe extract to provide extra protection. This deodorant for sensitive skin will leave a subtle tropical scent on your skin that will last all through the day and it will keep your dry and odor-free, which makes it the best deodorant for sensitive skin for a fresh smell.
- Lightweight, yet highly effective formula
- The longest-lasting natural deodorant for sensitive skin so far – lasts around 12 hours
- Has a great smell that’s not overpowering
- The smell wears off rather quickly
- You will receive a Pack of 3 Old Spice Red Zone Collection Swagger Scent Men's Deodorant, 3 Oz
- Features a controlled scent release through the day and night, like one of those scent things you plug into the wall....
- Puts your odor on 24-hour lockdown
6. ond’s Dark Spot Corrector, Clarant B3 Normal to Dry Skin
Throughout the years, L’Occitane has earned the trust of women from all over the world because they use high-quality ingredients for their products. The L’Occitane roll-on deodorant for sensitive skin has an aluminum-free formula, which makes it well-suited for any type of skin. Although it’s not the best smelling deodorant out there, it has a delicate smell that will keep you dry and body odor-free all day long.
- Very effective in keeping body odor at bay
- Long-lasting effects
- The scent, although faint, is not the most pleasant
No products found.
5. Old Spice Deodorant Stick
The all-natural deodorant by Carolina Sap Works is free of aluminum, parabens, and phthalates. It uses baking soda to fight bacteria and body odor while the arrowroot powder extract keeps the skin healthy and feeling dry. It doesn’t block the sweat glands, meaning you will still sweat out toxins. Other ingredients include non-GMO Vitamin E, coconut oil, and raw shea butter. In addition, a little goes a very long way with this deodorant as only a pea-sized amount is required for each armpit; plus, it can be used on other areas of the body as well!
- Discreet, fresh smell
- Difficult to apply as it comes in a jar
- You will receive a Pack of 3 Old Spice High Endurance Pure Sport Scent Men's Deodorant, 3 Oz
- Even if you stood in the blast radius of a nuclear bomb, this stuff would not stop working
- 24-hour odor protection helps you even when dreaming
4. Soapwalla – Organic/Vegan Deodorant Cream
This deodorant cream is an amazing alternative to generic commercial products. This all-natural product is made from organic oils and plant extracts. It has a lavender and green tea base and a touch of peppermint that will provide your armpit area with a delightful chilling effect. This is an excellent deodorant for sensitive skin because the cream will actively nourish your axillary area and it will provide a calming local effect. The Soapwalla deodorant is applied manually, so it is extremely easy to use, and is the best deodorant for sensitive skin for those who want an all-natural effective deodorant.
- Very effective – can keep odors at bay for up to 24 hours
- Non-toxic formula
- Works great in tropical weather without reapplying
- It comes in a jar, therefore a bit inconvenient to apply
- All Natural & Uniquely Powerful Formula
- Utilizes Superfine Vegetable Powders & Clays, As Well As Lavender, Peppermint & Tea Tree Essential Oils To Absorb...
- Frosting-like Consistency Allows For Easy Manual Application & Rapid Absorption (Ideal For All Skin Types)
3. Degree Dry Protection Antiperspirant
Dove is one of the best deodorant companies on the market. They have special products for sensitive skin which feature an alcohol-free formula aimed to make them as light as possible. The sensitive skin line is also fragrance-free because it is meant to reduce the use of potentially harming chemicals that could damage the skin. If you’re looking for a scented option, this is, hands down, the best deodorant for sensitive skin.
These are some of the best deodorants for sensitive skin because they have the Dove quality guarantee. Dove has both spray-on and solid deodorants for sensitive skin, so you can choose the best version for your specific needs. As opposed to other deodorants, you can find these Dove products in supermarkets and department stores, which makes it widely accessible.
- Smooth texture, easy to apply
- Fresh scent that lasts all day long
- Does not stain clothes
- Can clump if heavily sweating
No products found.
2. Almay Sensitive skin Clear Gel
The Almy sensitive skin deodorant is a quick-drying gel deodorant and antiperspirant that is 100% hypoallergenic. It is completely fragrance-free and has the maximum concentration of active ingredient currently on the market. This makes the Almay antiperspirant and deodorant the second best deodorant for sensitive skin on this list.
- Very effective
- Can stain delicate clothing items
- Provides all day wetness protection for sensitive skin.
- Contains the maximum level of active ingredient.
- Quick-drying formula.
1.Dove Men+Care Deodorant
This is one of main natural deodorant alternatives. Potassium alum is a crystal with antiperspirant properties that works great for any type of skin. You can find it in all-natural stores or online at fairly cheap prices. The proper way to use it is just like you would do with a typical roll-on deodorant, only on wet skin.
This deodorant stone is the best natural deodorant for sensitive skin because it is completely odorless and it will fight bacterial growth and, therefore, body odor, leaving your underarm region dry and sweat-free. If the artificial fragrances used in commercial products are the source of your skin sensitivity or rashes, then potassium alum is the best deodorant for sensitive skin.
- The most natural solution on this list
- Ideal for irritated skin and to use after a shower
- Also closes down pores, reduces razor burn, and prevents ingrown hairs
- Needs to be applied on wet skin
No products found.
All in all, the all-time best deodorant for sensitive skin is the potassium alum; however, the one from Almay is also highly effective and long-lasting, and so are the Dove stick deodorant and the Soapwalla cream one. Do you have other suggestions for this top? What’s your experience with these or other deodorants for sensitive skin?