Wall air conditioners are useful because they are easy to install, take up little space, and help to keep a room cool. Since there are so many wall air conditioners available on the market this year, you might have trouble finding the best one. We’ve decided to perform some extensive research in order to find the most high-quality and efficient through the wall air conditioners being sold right now. In our selections, we have carefully considered the unit weight, BTU, noise level, user ratings, and cooling capacity. Keep reading to find the best wall air conditioners for your cooling needs.
10. LG Through the Wall Air Conditioner
- Mounts easily on the wall. Keeps you feel cool and relax in your bedroom during hot days.
- With 3458.24 W cooling power, maintain the temperature of a given space
- Effectively cools area of up to 530 Sq. ft., this air conditioner is perfect for bedrooms
This LG air conditioner can cool at an impressive rate of 11,500 British thermal units (BTU). It has a sleek profile that keeps it from looking too bulky in most rooms. It requires a 230V electrical outlet as the unit can’t function with a regular 115V one, but is a reliable wall air conditioner overall. It has 3 cooling or fan speeds that make it fit for any environment and enable it to effectively cool down a room without causing too much draft, which is why we consider it one of the best wall air conditioners on the market.
[table id=13 /]
- Convenient remote control
- Anti-corrosion coating for extra durability
- Somewhat noisy
- Special 230V outlet required
9. Kenmore Smart 04277127 Room-air-conditioners
- Connect Now: Control and monitor on the go with Kenmore Smart AC App on your phone or tablet
- 12,000 BTU cools spaces up to 550 sq. ft.
- ENERGY STAR Certified. Noise Level: Sound Level up to 54 Decibels
The ready-select controls on this Frigidaire unit let you easily choose your fan speed and cooling level. The four-way air direction design lets you adjust the unit to blow air in any direction. In addition, it also comes with a dehumidification function that can pull 1.8 pints of moisture per hour, making it one of the best wall air conditioners on the market.
[table id=14 /]
- Installation kit included
- Comes with temperature sensing remote control
- Works with standard outlets
- Has built-in timer
- Not for larger areas
- Loud when turning on
8. GE Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner
No products found.
The electronic 7-step temperature limiting system in this wall air conditioner keeps it from over-cooling a room. It is a packaged terminal design that may be suitable for areas where traditional through the wall units are not ideal. Although an older model, this is one of the best wall-mounted air conditioners on the market.
[table id=15 /]
- Heat function included
- Cools and heats rooms very quickly
- Won’t fit in standard 20″ x 24″ x 14″ wall sleeves
- More expensive than average
NOTE: This item is currently unavailable, but you can find a similarly powerful through the wall air conditioner on the official GE website.
7. COSTWAY 5, 000 BTU 115V Air Conditioner
No products found.
The full-featured remote and LED display on this air conditioner make it easy to adjust the temperature to your needs. Also relevant is the fact that it has three cooling speeds and three fan modes, which make it a customizable wall air conditioner.
[table id=16 /]
- Indicator for when the filter needs cleaning
- 24 hour on/off timer
- Durable galvanized steel chassis
- Requires non-standard 230-volt outlet
6. Frigidaire Through the Wall Air Conditioner
- 12,000 BTU air conditioner for through-the-wall installation (Not suitable for window installation)
- Uses standard 115V electrical outlet
- Quickly cools a room up to 550 sq. ft.
At 12,000 BTU, this Frigidaire air conditioner keeps your room nice and cool. It is easily operated with a control panel or a remote that lets you set the AC with just a few button pushes. According to ratings and reviews from verified customers, this is the best wall air conditioner currently on the market.
[table id=22 /]
- Dehumidifies up to 3.3 pints per hour
- Energy Efficiency Ratio of 9.8
- Three fan speeds
- Four-way air direction
- No heating capability
Note: If you’re looking to cool a smaller space, make sure to check out our article on the 10 best low profile air conditioners.
5. Keystone Through the Wall Air Conditioner
- ENERGY STAR-RATED COOLING: With a 10.6 energy efficiency ratio (EER), this 10,000 BTU through the wall air conditioner...
- TEMPERATURE SENSING FOLLOW ME REMOTE CONTROL: With a thermostat built into the remote control, say good-bye to uneven...
- FRONT-ACCESS FILTER: Let’s face it. Filters collect dust. With our front-access design, cleaning that dusty filter is...
This Keystone air conditioner comes with a temperature sensing LCD remote for easy adjustments. It has three manual cooling speeds along with an auto cool option. It can remove up to 2.3 pints of moisture per hour from the air and comes with a temperature-sensing remote control that allows you to control the temperature and fan speeds from a distance.
[table id=20 /]
- 2.3 pints of dehumidification per hour
- 2016 Energy Star certified for efficiency
- Very quiet operation
- Wall sleeve not included
4. LG Through the Wall Air Conditioner with Remote Control
- Your purchase includes One LG 10,000 BTU 115V Air Conditioner in White | Through-the-Wall Remote Control & Installation...
- Air conditioner dimensions – 24” W x 14.41” H x 20.09” D | Weight – 70 lbs. | Indoor Noise Max rating – 56...
- Performance: 10,000 BTU | Dehumidification: 2.9 pts/hr. | Estimated cooling area – 450 Sq. Ft. | Refrigerant – R32 |...
This efficient wall air conditioner has an estimated yearly energy cost of just $83. Furthermore, it has a sleek white design that matches any room design, a programmable timer, and an anti-corrosion coating, which makes it one of the best wall air conditioners on the market this year.
[table id=21 /]
- Three cooling speeds and three fan speeds
- Mesh filter with alert when cleaning is needed
- LG patented anti-corrosion coating
- Very affordable
- Programmable timer
- The compressor is a bit loud
3. Koldfront Through the Wall Heat/Cool Air Conditioner
- 12000 BTU cooling: 1330W/6.6A; 10600 BTU heating: 3450W/15.5A
- 450-550 sq. ft. coverage area; remote control included
- 4-way air directional louvers; Three (3) fan speeds; Four (4) operation modes
With the capability to dehumidify up to 60 pints a day while heating or cooling your room, this is a very versatile option. It has 4 operating modes and 3 fan speeds so you can be sure you can customize the way it works according to your needs. The Koldfront air conditioner also comes with a remote control for convenient usage, making it one of the best wall air conditioners when it comes to ease of use and convenience.
[table id=18 /]
- Maintains temperature between 62 and 86 Fahrenheit
- Four-way directional air louvers
- 24-hour programmable timer
- Four operational modes
- Difficult to install due to bulkiness
2. Garrison Through the Wall Air Conditioner
- This through-the-wall air Conditioner uses r-410a refrigerant to cool and heat rooms measuring 550-700 sq. Ft
- Includes a remote control for more convenient cooling and heating
- Electric control panel with digital display
With this air conditioner from Garrison, you can both heat and cool your home. Some of the great features of this product are the electric control panel with digital display and the auto-restart function, which allows the system to automatically resume operation in case of a power loss.
[table id=19 /]
- Energy Star rated for efficiency
- Electrical control panel and digital display
- Auto-restart if power goes out
- Easy to install
- Slightly loud
- More expensive than average
Note: Interested in more energy-efficient ACs? Check out our collection of the best energy efficient air conditioners on the market in 2019!
1. Frigidaire Through the Wall Air Conditioner with Heat Capability
- Designed for through-the-wall installation - not suitable for window installation (Universal trim kit included - new...
- 12,000 BTU cooling / 10,600 BTU supplemental heating (Special 230V electrical outlet required - unit will not work with...
- Supplemental heat capability provides an additional heat source to your main heat source when outdoor temperatures are...
You can easily cool your room with this powerful air conditioner that has a BTU of 10,000. When external temperatures drop below 45 degrees, it can also work as a heater to keep your home comfortable. It also has a dehumidification function that can remove up to 3.5 pints of water per hour from the air.
[table id=17 /]
- Includes standard universal interior trim kit for installation
- Washable filter that reduces bacteria and airborne particles
- Pricier than other heater/cooler wall units
- Requires non-standard 230V electrical outlet to work
All of these air conditioners can easily be mounted on or through a wall and they are certain to cool averagely sized rooms. Some of the best wall air conditioners also have practical extra features like heaters or dehumidification. Make sure to leave a comment below to let us know which one of these wall air conditioners is your favorite.
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API