When you’re in the kitchen, it can get hot. Whether you’re cooking a special meal for a big event or just sitting making a little dinner for yourself, you need to know you can trust your cookware. With so many brands to choose from at a range of prices, how do you know which one will be the best stainless steel cookware set for you?
Don’t stress out because we’re here to help. Below you’ll find our detailed and comprehensive look at the top 10 best stainless steel cookware sets to make cooking your next meal a breeze.
How We Choose Our Ratings
A good set of cookware can stay in your kitchen for decades; that’s why accuracy and honesty in our rating system are important to us. You need to know that the cookware you’re buying is of the best quality and does what we say it will, so you can trust it for years to come.
That’s why we collect information from several different sources to ensure we get the best feedback from real users. Then we cross-reference this information with other product factors to provide you with the information to make the best choice.
Those product factors include looks at the durability and versatility of the cookware, so we know how effective it will be. We also take a look at the brand’s overall reputation when choosing our scores, and have looked at a variety of different brands and styles to find the best stainless steel cookware.
Top 10 Best Stainless Steel Cookware Sets
We know there’s a lot to decide on when shopping for cookware. How many pieces do you need? What kind of design is worth the price?
What about style? You want something that will look nice in your kitchen, but you want it to be durable too.
Don’t worry we have you covered. Throughout our reviews, we’ve included many of the brands’ set sizes as well as the effective temperature ranges, durability, and special features of all of our selections.
- Set includes 8-Inch Fry Pan, 10-Inch Fry Pan with Lid; 3-Quart Sauté Pan with lid and handle helper, etc
- Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel construction eliminates hot spots and ensures even heat distribution along the bottom...
- Stay-cool stainless-steel perfect-grip handle riveted to the pan
5 out of 5 stars
This option is one of the best stainless steel cookware sets for those that want quality and style.
Every piece features Tri-ply technology, which means it features a pure aluminum core molded between two layers of stainless steel. This feature makes the cookware durable and allows it to distribute heat evenly through the bottom and the side walls.
The technology is great because it eliminates the hot spots that can warp and ruin lesser quality cookware, meaning you won’t have to buy another set for years.
On top of being durable, this set is also easy to use. While the cookware does have a stylish, easy to clean stainless-steel handle, you don’t have to worry about it getting too hot to hold because of Duxtop’s stay-cool technology, specifically made to prevent the handles from heating up.
It’s oven safe up to 550F and works on many types of stove types including:
- Electric plate
Best of all, their customer service is second to none, and they offer a lifetime warranty so you know you can purchase with confidence.
- Polished cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors.
- Cookware also features cool grip handles secured with stainless steel rivets and self-basting, tight fitting lids,...
- Oven safe up to 550F, Rims are tapered for drip-free pouring.
5 out of 5 stars
Cuisinart is a trusted brand in kitchens all around the world, with a name known for quality for nearly 50 years. That means you know you can trust this stainless steel cookware set to be reliable.
This cookware set is a little pricier but well worth what you pay for with a combination of style and professional quality cookware.
The set features a polished cooking surface that won’t discolor or react with foods. That means you can cook at higher temperatures, adding the crispy crust people love, without worrying about the flavor being altered.
It also features cool-grip handles that are secured with steel rivets so you can move the pans from stovetop to oven with ease. It also has Triple-Ply construction to ensure maximum heat retention and an even heat distribution, avoiding hotspots that can make your food burn.
The cookware is dishwasher safe, and oven safe up to 550F.
- SET INCLUDES: 8 inches fry pan, 10.5 inches fry pan, 12 inches fry pan with lid, 1 quart saucepan with lid, 2 quart;...
- MULTI LAYER STRENGTH: Heavy gauge base with multiple layers of copper, stainless steel and aluminum for fast, even heat;...
- STAINLESS STEEL INTERIOR: A well loved cooking surface, the stainless steel interior won’t react to acidic foods;...
5 out of 5 stars
This Stainless steel cookware set gives you the dependability of the best stainless steel cookware while standing out with a more rustic look.
Even though the technology is a little bit different, this copper bottom set measures up to the other top brands in terms of cooking quality.
It does this with the featured copper bases. They’re multilayered and allow for even heat distribution while also heating up quickly. That means you can pan-fry or boil water simply for a quick dinner, or cook multiple dishes in the same pan.
The cookware is also oven safe up to 500F and scratch resistant, so you won’t have to worry about utensils ruin the surface, which can cause food debris to stick and burn in lesser quality cookware.
- Includes: 1.5 and 3 qt saucepans, 8 qt stockpot, 4 qt/11 in. sauté pan, and a steamer insert with lids
- Multi-ply clad with 18/10 stainless steel interior/exterior with an aluminum core throughout
- Stainless steel for durability and appearance; Aluminum core for even/quick heat distribution
5 out of 5 stars
This cookware set from Cook Standard is a good option for your first cookware set.
It features multi-ply clad stainless steel over an aluminum core, allowing for even heat distribution. It also has secure-fitting lids that trap in both heat and moisture, helping you cook faster and sealing in flavor.
It’s dishwasher safe, which makes it easy for you to wash, and works on induction, gas, electric, and ceramic stoves. It’s also oven safe up to 500F.
- You get the best of all worlds with this tri-ply cookware set: comfortable grip handles, stainless steel's durability...
- 80% Stainless Steel/20% Aluminum; an aluminum layer between two layers of stainless
- Durable, easy to clean, can be used on stovetops or in oven
4.8 out of 5 stars
You get the best of all worlds with this tri-ply cookware set. It has lightweight comfortable grip handles, plus the even heat distribution of an aluminum core. It can be used on gas or electric stoves and in the oven.
While it’s durable and easy to clean, the manufacturer recommends not using scouring pads or harsh detergents on it.
So, while it is another good option, it’s not as versatile as some of the others on this list and might be a bit more prone to scratching.
- DEIK 10-PIECE COOKWARE SET INCLUDES：2 Quart covered saute pan, 1 Quart covered saucepan, 4 Quart covered stockpot, 2.5...
- EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE: The 3 layered thicken and spiral bottom heat evenly and quickly for quality results. Rims are...
- LOCK IN HEAT AND FLAVOR: Professional tempered glass lids on the pots lock in heat and flavor. Easy to monitor food...
4.2 out of 5 stars
This cookware set from Deik offers great value for the price point.
It still features premium stainless steel, mirror-polished to a finish that will look great on your countertop. It also means it won’t discolor or react with food to alter flavors.
It also features an aluminum core that aids with heat distribution, and eliminates hotspots, with solid riveted handles that offer durability even when full.
What’s great about this set is the convenience. It has tight-fitting tempered glass lids that seal the food’s natural juices in, and etch marks on the walls that will help you measure and pour right into the pans.
It’s dishwasher safe, and oven safe up to 430F.
The best part of this set is they offer a 90 day no questions asked return policy and a warranty that last two years, so you know you can buy with confidence.
- Includes: 1.5 qt saucepan, 1.5, 2, and 3 qt saucepot casseroles, 5.5 qt stockpot, and a 10-inch saute fry pan with lids
- Made of mirror polished 18/10 stainless steel with an aluminum disc bottom between steel layers for even/quick heat...
- Reflective finish inside and out for appearance and easy cleaning; Stackable and flat base for storage and sits evenly...
5 out of 5 stars
This is one of the best stainless steel cookware sets for the price point. It’s one of the most affordable options on the list and is a real steal for the price.
It features mirror-polished stainless steel with an aluminum disc bottom, which allows for even heat distribution throughout the bottom of the pan.
It also has a reflective finish on both the inside and out which makes for a sleek and stylish appearance and will make it easier for you to clean. It also fits conveniently in your kitchen thanks to the stackable design, so you know you’ll have room to fit it in a cupboard or cabinet.
It’s suitable for gas, electric, glass, and ceramic stoves, and is oven safe up to 500F.
- Aluminum core between 2 stainless steel layers provides even heating for excellent browning and control of the cooking...
- Elegant brushed stainless steel exterior on pots and pans can go from the oven or stove directly to the table....
- Clear tempered glass lids let you see food while it's cooking and are oven safe, so you can finish covered dishes in the...
5 out of 5 stars
This quality cookware option from Calphalon offers both long-lasting beauty and performance. It features a heavy gauge aluminum core for even heating as well as satin stainless steel interior that looks stunning and prevents sticking. The satin steel finish means the surface will be easy to clean and won’t collect bits of food that can get stuck and burn.
It has Tri-ply technology, which provides even heating and makes it excellent for the browning process and cooking control, meaning you can get the most out of your culinary skills and achieve the crispy textures peoples love without worrying about burning.
This is a premium option for someone that wants the most out of their cookware. It has mirrored sides so you can monitor the cooking process of your food without having to fiddle, potentially disturbing the crust.
It also has long, brushed stainless steel handles that stay cool on the countertop, and let you use either one hand or both.
Every piece in the set is dishwasher safe and carries Calphalon’s lifetime warranty.
- Set Includes - 1-1/2 Qt. Saucepan w/Cover,3 Qt. Saucepan w/Cover,10" Open Skillet and 8 Qt. Stockpot w/Cover,Cookware...
- Aluminum encapsulated in base ensures quick, even heating. Tightfitting cover seals in moisture and nutrients for...
- Stay-cool stainless-steel handles; dripless rims on lids. Do not use steel wool or other metal pads that make coarse...
4.7 out of 5 stars
This seven-piece stainless steel cookware set offers the quality and dependability of Cuisinart without all the bells and whistles.
The cookware and lids are constructed of beautiful mirror-polished stainless steel. Their base is encapsulated aluminum, ensuring quick, even heating. It also has tightfitting cover seals that lock in moisture and nutrients, meaning your food will be healthier, and more flavorful every time you cook.
They’re also convenient. They have Cuisinart’s durable and comfortable stay-cool stainless steel handles and dripless rims on the lids.
Add all of that together with the set’s mirror-polished finish, and you have a dependable, quality product that will make you look like a proper chef no matter your culinary level, and help your kitchen look and stay clean.
The only downside to the set is that the surface can be scratched from metal pads when washed. Thankfully, the entire set is dishwasher safe!
- STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE SET INCLUDES: 1-Quart and 2-Quart Saucepans with Lids, 8-Quart Stockpot with Lid, 8-Inch and...
- HIGH HEAT INDUCTION COOKWARE: Stainless steel pots and pans are oven safe to 500 degrees F and induction compatible
- DISHWASHER SAFE: Cookware set is dishwasher safe for convenient cleanup
5 out of 5 stars
Farberware has been making kitchen appliances and cookware for over 100 years, so you know can depend on this cookware set from them to last a long time.
It features a professionally styled polished stainless steel construction, with sleek, tulip-shaped bodies that look great and is extremely durable.
The stainless steel bases encapsulate an aluminum core that allows for the even heating you need to cook at your best. It also has stainless steel handles that are riveted to the body for added security, so you’ll know they’re safe enough when full.
The pans are both dishwasher and broiler safe, and even the tight-fitting glass lids are oven safe up to 500F.
With so many options to choose from, a good way to decide what the best stainless steel cookware set for you will be is to think about what you’ll need it for in the kitchen. There are three major things to include when thinking about what you want to be able to do.
One of the most important factors you have to consider is the size of the set. While all sets come with a variety of pots and pans, no all of them come with the same amount or include added accessories square griddles or steamer inserts. If you expect to be cooking a variety of things and want the set to take care of all of your needs you may want to opt for a larger set. On the other hand, if you just want to upgrade an existing set, something smaller might be better.
While every set on the list is high quality and dependable, not every set is designed to withstand the same temperatures. That means if you like to finish off your dishes in the oven to get an extra layer of crust you want to be sure to consider a set that’s oven-proof up to a high temperature.
How often do you expect to be cooking? If you live in the kitchen and expect to use the same pots and pans every day you want to make sure you either get a large set, so don’t wear the surfaces on the pans down, or get one that’s very high quality so you know you can depend on them.