Is there any downside to an ice-cold smoothie? These beverages have become a crucial part of our daily routines for so many reasons. You can drink one for any meal or as a snack. They are simple to make and work on-the-go.
Blenders are a lifesaver for those of us who struggle to get our daily intake of fruits and vegetables. You can pack them full of healthy nutrients, and they still taste delicious.
Better yet, the smoothies never get boring because there are endless combinations you can mix together.
The only kitchen appliance required for a smoothie is the blender, and luckily, we’ve got you covered.
Don’t let your lack of a decent blender hold you back from delicious, healthy, and ice-cold smoothies this summer. And contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars for the perfect blender. If you want your smoothie blended to perfection, these are the best smoothie blenders on the market now.
Top 10 Best Smoothie Blenders
A lot of important factors go into buying a blender. Some consumers prefer a powerful blender that can make smoothies with a thick consistency.
Others are more focused on the cost.
Do you mind shelling out hundreds for a blender or would you prefer to stay under $?
Some blenders work best for smoothies while others have added capabilities to make great dressings, soups, dips and more. No matter what you are looking for, these products can do it all.
Blendtec Total Blender Classic
- Easy Blending Cycles: 1-touch buttons, 6 pre-programmed cycles, pulse, and 10 speed manual control with the ability to...
- Patented Blade/80% Thicker: Stainless-Steel forged blade, with wings, for amazingly smooth blends (10X stronger than...
- Self-Cleaning: Add a little soap and water, your jar can clean itself in less than 1 minute.
While less expensive than other high-end blenders, this smoothie blender is among the best.
Known as the World’s Most Advanced Blender, Blendtec’s line of blenders are iconic. They are a long time favorite among home cooks, providing programmed blending, ample horsepower, and durable, commercial quality.
This blender is not the newest or most expensive Blendtec model out there, but it is a classic for good reason.
You get very minimal pulp or seeds when blending fruits with this blender. Trust us, your smoothie will be smooth in less than a minute of blending. It also has all of the added capabilities of a high-end blender and can blend everything from margaritas to ice cream.
Blendtec makes chunky, unmixed smoothies a nightmare from the past.
Key Features: 6 preprogrammed blend settings, stainless steel, 3 horsepower motor
Cost: Starts at $$
Vitamix A3500 Ascent Series Smart Blender
- Program Settings: Five program settings (for Smoothies, Hot Soups, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts, and Self-Cleaning)...
- Touchscreen Controls give the machine a sleek silhouette and are easily wiped clean.Electrical Ratings - 120 V, 50-60...
- You're in Control: Variable Speed Control and Pulse feature let you manually fine-tune the texture of any recipe
No conversation around best smoothie blenders will happen without the Vitamix.
The brand has wide recognition and for good reason. There are many Vitamix models to choose from, but the A3500 is the best of the best.
The patented blending technology of Vitamix allows you to make much more than just smoothies. Think soups, ice cream, batters, pizza dough, and ground coffee for starters.
Customers rave about how quiet this blender is despite its power.
In addition to its excellent blending features, the A3500 has many, highly-advanced, additional automation features. You can even download the Vitamix app and control the blender from your phone. While the blender itself only has five settings, using the app allows you to unlock seventeen other blend settings. The app also gives you access to Vitamix’s large recipe book.
Its motor base can detect container sizes and adjust its blending times accordingly. The blender has a programmable timer, so your smoothies are never over or under processed.
Key Features: 64-ounce container, Bluetooth/ wireless capability, touchscreen controls, customizable blending settings, self-detect containers, 2.2 horsepower motor
Cost: Starts at $$$
Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender
- Automated Blending: Five pre-programmed settings ensure simple cleaning, walk-away convenience, and consistent results...
- You're in Control: Variable Speed Control and Pulse feature let you manually fine-tune the texture of any recipe;Cord: 6...
- Low-Profile 64-ounce Container: Perfect for family meals and entertaining, while fitting comfortably under most kitchen...
While the Vitamix 750 does not have all of the technological capabilities of the A3500, it blends smoothies just as well.
If you are the type of smoothie perfectionist who wants to completely liquefy a strawberry or kiwi, this blender is for you. You will never see seeds left over or have to rearrange items in-between blends. It delivers a perfectly even blend each time.
This blender also has a two-piece lid, so you can continue adding ingredients while blending. It’s easy-to-use and it has a no-fuss industrial look. Though it has a very powerful motor, the machine is quiet when blending. It also comes with five pre-programmed settings.
Another great feature of this blender is the self-cleaning feature. By adding dish soap and water and turning a specific dial, the blender will self-clean in less than a minute.
Key Features: 64-ounce container, self-cleaning, stainless steel, 2.2 horsepower motor
Cost: Starts at $$$
Nutri Ninja Blender Duo with Auto-iQ (BL642)
- Auto-iQ Technology features timed, intelligent blending programs that do the work for you, no guesswork required!
- XL 72 oz. Total Crushing Blender pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies
- Nutri Ninja Pro Extractor Blades break down whole fruits, vegetables, ice and seeds for maximum nutrient & vitamin...
If you need to make XL smoothies to help you power through your day, this is the blender for you. The larger container size is one of the best things about this product. There are not many blenders that could fit 5 bananas, plus a bag of kale – and not even be halfway full.
The extra ounces in this Ninja make a difference if you are making smoothies for a family or big group. Customers also love the spout on the lid of this blender to make for easy pouring.
This model is more expensive than other Nutri Ninja models because of the Auto-iQ technology. If you are new to smoothie making, the Auto-iQ takes away the stress of guessing about the timing. The feature allows you to time your blends and make a perfect smoothie.
Given the smart technology for timed blends and powerful blade, it is almost impossible to mess up a smoothie using this blender. Its large, sturdy base has suction cups on the bottom for sturdiness. This blender also includes three Nutri Ninja cups (18, 24 and 32 ounces) attachments allowing you to make quick to-go smoothies as well.
Key Features: 72-ounce container, timed blending, 1500 power watts
Cost: Starts at $
Ninja Professional Blender (BL600)
- Ninja Professional Blender with Nutri Ninja Cups has 1100 watts of professional performance power with 3 speeds, pulse,...
- 72 oz Total Crushing Pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies
- Two 16 oz Nutri Ninja Cups with To-Go Lids are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient-rich drinks to take on the go
This model has the same size pitcher and blending capabilities as the Nutri Ninja Blender Duo - but is much more affordable.
The highlight of this model is the Total Crushing technology, which is great for smoothies as well as other frozen beverages and cocktails. With the ability to crush ice into a fine snow, this smoothie blender has a powerful motor and blade for a low price.
While many reviewers warn that the very sharp blades on the Ninja can dull over time and start producing grainer smoothies, the price point cannot be beat. If you are looking for a blender under $100 that can handle blending tough fruit and vegetables like apples and carrots, the Ninja may be the best option for you.
If you become a fan of this blender be sure to invest in the Nutri Ninja Cups so you can make all your smoothies on-the-go.
Key Features: 72-ounce container, dishwasher safe, 1000 power watts
Cost: Starts at $
Nutribullet High-Speed Blender
- Effortlessly pulverizes fruits, vegetables, and superfoods for nutritious protein shakes and green smoothies
- High-torque power base and 600-watt motor
- Powerful, patented stainless steel blade design with cyclonic action
Nutribullet customers rave about this smoothie blender’s ability to completely pulverize fruit and vegetables into a smooth beverage. This blender can cut through tough skins, ice, leafy stems, and seeds. The patented technology breaks down fruits and vegetables making it easier for your body to absorb the nutrients.
This blender’s primary function is smoothies, so if you were looking for a multi-purpose blender, you are better looking elsewhere.
The various cup sizes allow you to make the right size smoothie without any waste. It also has a timer, so you can walk away while your smoothie is coming together. If you become a fan of this appliance, you can also buy an insulated, stainless steel to-go cup attachment, so you enjoy a cold and refreshing smoothie hours into your day.
Key Features: 600 power watts, dishwasher safe, 1 tall cup and 2 short cups
Cost: Starts at $
KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender
- The diamond blending system ensures that all ingredients blend together quickly and efficiently.
- The Intelli-Speed Motor Control senses contents and maintains optimal speed to power through all ingredients.
- Stir, chop, mix, puree or liquify. Pulse mode works with all speeds for staggered blending. Watts : 550. Hz : 60
KitchenAid is known for its quality kitchen appliances, and it comes as no surprise that their Diamond Blender is a great option for smoothies.
Though the pitcher is plastic (a deal breaker for some), it blends smoothies just compared to its more expensive counter parts. Without adding much liquid, you can make thick, creamy smoothies.
Its five blending settings make this appliance multi-functional in the kitchen. You can stir, chop, mix, puree or liquefy.
The 60-ounce container is larger enough to make a batch of smoothies while the Diamond model provides a quieter blender noise than your typical machine.
Key Features: 60-ounce container, dishwasher safe, 550 power watts
Cost: Starts at $
Housmile Personal Blender
- 🍍Powerful & high speed -- the Smoothie Blender with (300 watt 22, 000 rpm) motor and strong 2pcs stainless steel...
- 🍓Multi-function -- use as smoothie snow mixer, Coffee spice grinder, and food chopper. Leak proof seal cover,...
- 🍉Enjoy on the go -- the personal blender with portable 200ml & 600ml sport bottles, enjoy frozen fruit...
If you are only making smoothies for yourself, consider a personal blender like the Housmile. Each smoothie will come out as a single serving, so you do not have deal with any leftovers.
It has a powerful 4-blade head for emulsifying fruits, vegetables and ice, and can make smooth, even beverages. However, keep in mind this blender is only meant for short blends like a single use in the morning. You cannot run the appliance for longer than two minutes at a time. While two minutes is plenty of time to make one smoothie, if you need to make batches of a drink, this blender is not for you.
This sleek blender has a stainless steel base and is built for functionality taking up little space. It’s also popular among athletes and comes with two sports bottles (20 and 13 ounce) and travel lids.
Key Features: Hands free setting, 300 power watts
Cost: Starts at $
Magic Bullet Blender
- The Magic Bullet chops, mixes, blends, whips, grinds and more. Cups are made out of high-impact plastic
- Effortlessly create your favorite meals and snacks like smoothies, omelets, sauces and dips. 250 Watts high-torque power...
- Included Recipe Book gets you started making quick, easy, and delicious dishes from appetizers to desserts. Add 1/2 cup...
The magic of this personal blender is its convenience. If you are the kind of person who hates the hassle of a food processor or finds your blender as too big and cumbersome to take off the shelf, the Magic Bullet is your solution.
With no clean up and one button, this small blender could not be easier to use. It comes with three different cup container sizes: a party mug (18 ounces), tall cup (18 ounces) and short cup (12 ounces).
Since it is a smaller blender, it is important to not overwhelm the blender. The Magic Bullet works best with fruit already slightly cut up. It also cannot blend ice cubes as smoothly as more powerful blenders.
This blender has a loyal fan base that argues the Magic Bullet’s convenience, size, and price making it one of the most underrated blenders out there.
Key Features: 1 tall and 1 short cup with re-sealable lids, 250 power watts
Cost: Starts at $
Oster Pro 1200 Blender
- Smart Settings Technology and 7 Speeds including 3 pre-programmed settings for the most common blender creations
- Dual Direction Blade Technology for extra blending power to chop and grind with precision Extra wide 3.5" blade system...
- 1200 power watts and 900 watts of ice crushing power
You would be hard-pressed to find another blender at this price that has the power to successfully blend ice and frozen fruit. It can pulverize tougher leafy greens such as kale.
Most blenders in this price point also do not have the reverse blade capability, which stops you from having to stir and rearrange your ingredients for an even blend.
Compared to other Oster blenders, this newer model has larger blades and a sturdier base to make blending that much easier. The blade attachment is simple to remove making for an easy clean up.
If you want to skip the clean up all together, this blender also comes with the Blend-N-Go Smoothie Cup attachment, so you can walk out the door with your smoothie in hand.
Key Features: 64-ounce container, 24-ounce smoothie cup, 1200 power watts, dishwasher safe
Cost: Starts at $
- Stainless Steel Blade
- Intelli-Speed Motor Control
- Soft Start Feature
- Powerful commercial-grade 3.5 peak Horsepower
- Extra-large, 64-ounce BPA-free Tritan plastic jar with soft-grip handle
- Exclusive BlendLogix operating technology and automatic load sensing
- Safest Smoothie Blender: Safety Certifications(BPA free + FDA certified + UL safety certified) + Many Strict Tests, when...
- One Glass Vitamin A Day: Personalize your health juice with our Aicok smoothie blender. Minute Lock-in Vitamins for...
- No Worried Lifetime Warranty: 1200 watt bullet blender with 6 blade and high speed 24,000RPM committed to offer...
Remember the key to your perfect smoothie is finding a blender that blends to your desired consistency, has durability, and is at the right price point for you. While we think this list covers the best smoothie blenders out there, there are hundreds of other ones out there.
We could not possibly feature them all, but if you are still searching for your perfect blender, we also love KitchenAid 5-Speed Classic Blender, Cuisinart Hurricane Pro Blender and Aicok Smoothie Blender.
How Did We Rate These Smoothie Blenders?
We used a combination of value of cost, product information, customer reviews, and brand reputation to build this list. We did our best to be accurate and honest about these products, so you can make the best decision for you.