|Emerson Quiet Kool Portable Air Conditioner||8.8/10||Amazon.com|
|Costway Portable Air Conditioner||8.2/10||Amazon.com|
|EdgeStar Portable Air Conditioner||8/10||Amazon.com|
|Black and Decker Portable Air Conditioner||7.6/10||Amazon.com|
|Whynter Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner||7.6/10||Amazon.com|
|Frigidaire Portable Air Conditioner||7.6/10||Amazon.com|
|DeLonghi Portable Air Conditioner||7.4/10||Amazon.com|
|Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner||7.4/10||Amazon.com|
|LG Portable Air Conditioner||7.2/10||Amazon.com|
|Global Air Portable Air Conditioner||7/10||Amazon.com|
A good portable air conditioner allows you to create a cool and comfortable living space with the added advantage of being able to easily move the product from one room to another. Some can be window-mounted, while others are freestanding; nevertheless, they all come from well-known brands like Emerson, DeLonghi, or Frigidaire. Continue reading this article to find the best portable air conditioner for your needs depending on the size of the space you need to cool, the features you expect, the size of the appliance, features, and overall quality and usability.
We included top-rated models that go great in bedroom, dining room, or garage. Some can even be window-mounted!
10. Global Air Portable Air Conditioner
- Digital controls offer precise temperature adjustments and the remote control lets you control the air Conditioner from...
- Self-evaporative system no water tank. The condensing water is recycled to improve the efficiency through cooling...
- Maximum room size up to 400 square feet. Over-cold protection three minutes restart Delay function. Wind blows upward...
This portable air conditioner has a cooling capacity of 10,000 BTUs and can successfully cool a room of up to 300 square feet in minutes. It blasts cold air in four directions and features two cooling or fan-only speeds. This portable air conditioner comes with digital controls and a remote control. It also has a self-evaporate system that conserves energy. In addition, you can install activated carbon filters to ensure your indoor air is clean and safe to breathe. Therefore, it’s one of the best small room portable air conditioners you could get in 2019.
[table id=40 /]
- Even air distribution and fast cooling
- Easy to use
- Allows active carbon filtration
- Not ideal for larger rooms and spaces
9. KUPPET 10000BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- 🍃3 in 1 Functionan & Multifunctional --Portable air conditioner, a fan cooler and a dehumidifier also designed with...
- 🍃Cooling - 10,000 BTU Cooling Capacity (R410 refrigerant) cover up to 250 sq.ft. Great for using in bedroom, home...
- 🍃Powerful & Quiet--This portable air conditioner is cooling immediately in several minutes and quiet enough,noise...
With two fan speeds and two cooling speeds, this portable air conditioner from LG gives you plenty of customization options. It effectively eliminates hot spots due to its inclined air discharge found at the top of the appliance. This portable air conditioner can also dehumidify the air it cools with a capacity of 1.8 pints per hour. In addition, its sleek and compact design makes it look unobtrusive in any room. It’s one of the best small portable air conditioners for window, but can only be used in rooms of up to 150 square feet.
[table id=39 /]
- Dehumidifies the air for increased comfort
- Auto swing louvers eliminate hot spots
- Slightly lower BTU means it has less cooling power
8. Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner
- [POWERFUL, SAFE & DEPENDABLE] Cools rooms up to 350-450 square feet. Thermal Overload protection for added safety &...
- [EASY INSTALL & MAINTENANCE] Washable Filter designed to protect from dust & hair to extend product life & performance....
- [DESIGNED FOR COMFORT] Enjoy simple digital control with 3 fan speeds, 24 hour energy saving timer & remote control...
Just like the previous model, this portable air conditioner can also dehumidify a room at a rate of 70 pints per 24 hours. In addition, Honeywell’s easy setup method lets you put this portable air conditioner anywhere. It’s a very small portable air conditioner with a 10,000 BTU capacity, digital LCD display, and a remote control. It can function well in a room of up to 350 square feet, but might be too small for larger rooms.
In addition, this portable air conditioner also features no-drip, self-evaporation technology to get rid of the moisture already in the room and the moisture it produces by running. Customers mention this is the best portable air conditioner for garages as it’s compact and reliable.
[table id=42 /]
- Comes in multiple colors
- Does not require draining
- Includes 5-year warranty
- Comes with window installation kit
- May make slight noise when it begins running
7. DeLonghi Portable Air Conditioner
With a cooling capacity of 14,000 British thermal unit (BTU), this portable air conditioner can easily keep a bigger room (400-500 square feet) nice and cool. In addition to just cooling the area, it can also dehumidify a room and only circulate air with a fan. In addition, this highly effective portable air conditioner comes with wheels for easy transportation AND has a 24-hour digital timer and a remote control.
[table id=33 /]
- Smooth wheels for easy movement
- 24 hour on/off timer
- Quick setup
- Somewhat pricey
- Large design may not fit in small spaces
6. Frigidaire Portable Air Conditioner
- 12, 000 BTU portable air conditioner with wheels for easy movement from room to room
- Cools a room up to 550 sq. Ft. With up to 3.1 pints per hour dehumidification
- Auto-swing louvers automatically circulate air throughout the room for better air distribution
This sleek grey portable air conditioner looks very unobtrusive, but it packs an impressive amount of cooling power. In addition to 12,000 BTU of cooling, the air conditioner has auto-swing louvers to circulate cooled air through the room. It has the highest capacity of all portable air conditioners reviewed so far and can successfully cool down rooms of over 500 square feet! The 3 cooling and fan speeds and the programmable timer makes this the best portable air conditioner on this list so far. However, some customers noted this machine needs a drain hose, but doesn’t come with one.
[table id=37 /]
- Programmable timer
- 3.1 pints of dehumidification per hour
- Wheels for easy movement
- Three cooling and three fan speeds
- Drain hose required, but not included
- Takes two hours to reach maximum coolness
5. Whynter Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- 14,000 BTU (ASHRAE) / 9,500 BTU (SACC) cooling capacity
- Award Winning: 1. Good Housekeeping's "2020 Best Overall" and "can cool down a room faster than other portable units" 2....
- Dual hose operation; Cools up to a 500 square feet space(ambient temperature and humidity may influence optimum...
With a 24 hour programmable timer, AC, fan, and dehumidifier, you can set this air conditioner to run at any time of the day. In addition, it comes with a remote control, a carbon air filter and a washable pre-filter for the cleanest indoor air possible, and an instructions manual. According to many verified customers, this is the best portable air conditioner for large bedrooms, dining rooms, or studio apartments.
[table id=41 /]
- Three operational modes
- Can dehumidify up to 101 pints per day
- Circulates air continuously
- In the higher price range
4. Black and Decker Portable Air Conditioner
- PORTABLE A/C HEATER COMBO UNIT - Our 7,500 BTU DOE (14,000 BTU ASHRAE) dual compact air conditioner & heater will keep...
- HEATS & COOLS MOST ROOMS - This portable heat & AC unit provides steady & fast cooling and heating for rooms up to 350...
- SIMPLE & QUICK TO INSTALL – Since it’s easy to move around with handles & castor wheels, just roll it into any room...
This portable air conditioner made our list for a number of essential reasons: it is affordable, it has a sleep mode, a 24 hour on/off timer, and a remote control, which means you get to easily enjoy perfect coolness whenever you feel the need to. It also comes with a window vent kit, which makes it the best portable air conditioner with window kit on this list so far. This compact model also comes with a heating capability for chillier days, which is one of the most appreciated features by its customers.
[table id=43 /]
- Easy to clean filter
- Very quiet
- Maintains consistent temperature
- Castor wheels and carry handle for extra portability
- Comes with optional window mount
- The heating function uses up a lot of energy
3. EdgeStar Portable Air Conditioner
- Self-evaporative technology; Electronic controls w/ LED display; Intelligent auto mode
- Dehumidify only mode; Fan only mode; Three (3) fan speeds; 24 hour timer
- Window vent kit included; Casters included; Remote control included.
This versatile air conditioner can work to both cool and heat your home, which makes it the best portable air conditioner and heater on this list so far. The thermostat can be programmed for anywhere between 61 and 77 degrees and the appliance also comes with a window kit, which also makes it one of the best portable air conditioner for casement window on this list.
[table id=34 /]
- Comes with all necessary filters and hoses
- Thermostat can be either Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Dehumidifies up to 78 pints of moisture per day
- Self-evaporative system
- Window mounting only accomodates windows up to 56 inches
2. Costway Portable Air Conditioner
- 【Pattern Diversification】This air conditioner can provide a variety of operating modes, such as cooling,...
- 【Unique Design】The dimension is 12" X 13.3" X 28.1"(W X D X H). 8000 BTU portable air conditioner provides ample...
- 【Multi-purpose Use】Instantly cools your room or space, designed with 2 speeds, 4 modes (Cool, Dehumidify, Fan,...
With the Costway air conditioner, you can cool and dehumidify rooms with either the cooling or the fan mode. It is very compact, which makes it ideal for narrow spaces. One of the most appreciated features by its customers is its sleep mode that allows the machine to cool down the room at a lower capacity and lower noise output. According to ratings and reviews from verified customers, this is the second best portable air conditioner on this list.
[table id=35 /]
- Has a very quiet sleep mode
- Programmable timer
- Cannot cool large places
- Requires lengthier setup
1. Emerson Quiet Kool Portable Air Conditioner
- Your purchase includes One Emerson Quiet Kool Portable Air Conditioner, EAPC14RD1 model, One Remote Control, One...
- Performance – 14,000 BTU. Estimated cooling area – 550-sq.ft. Loudness – 54 dBA. Cord length – 5.9 ft. Power...
- Dimensions: 17.5” W x 14.7” D x 28.3” H
The Emerson Quiet Cool portable air conditioner is, according to our research, the best portable air conditioner you can buy in 2019. It has a single-hose exhaust system that makes it very convenient and easy to use. An easy to access filter and a single-hose exhaust system also makes it very easy to set up and clean this portable air conditioner made by Emerson. In addition, this appliance also features 24-hour timer.
[table id=38 /]
- Thermostat ranges between 62 and 86 degrees
- Can cool larger rooms than specification suggests
- Can be a little loud
Tip: If you have a small space at your disposal and you’re looking for an alternative solution to cool your home, make sure to read our reviews on the best low profile air conditioners in 2019.
According to our research, the best portable air conditioner in 2019 is the Emerson Quiet Cool portable air conditioner; however, other models from brands like DeLonghi, Costway, EdgeStar, Black and Decker, LG, or Whynter will also be reliable choices. What’s your favorite type of portable air conditioner? Comment below to let us know!
Last update on 2021-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API