Modern life is busier than ever before. Everything and everyone is clamoring for our attention both online and IRL.
Keeping up this pace has become almost a necessity to stay up to date with the world. We need to keep our brain running at all times. This means that we must keep consistently busy.
Always productive, always prepared, always perfect.
The truth is that this kind of life is exhausting and draining. Mainstream media is bringing to our attention that it’s time to slow down. Books and podcasts are producing content that ask us to heed the call of our bodies, minds, and souls.
While its great to be successful, it’s in vain if we don’t take some time off to smell the roses. And its certainly not worth it if we don’t take time out to care for the very vessel that helps us meet all our goals on a daily basis.
It’s okay to clock out and relax. A good way to rejuvenate is to incorporate aromatherapy and your best oil diffusor into your everyday routine, along with your favorite glass of wine (we like red).
Every home needs an essential oil diffusor. We’ve got you covered with a list so you can get your best oil diffusor.
But first, let’s talk about some of the benefits.
The Benefits of Using an Oil Diffuser
Oil diffusers are a great alternative to incense or candles as they don’t leave behind the scent of smoke or use any kind of fire.
The best oil diffuser helps evenly disperse the scent of the essential oil. This help keep the scent from getting overpowering, which can often be the case with air fresheners and other artificial ways of adding scent to a room or home.
The essential oils themselves have a host of wonderful benefits.
Diffusing essential oils can help you fall and stay asleep. You can then wake up refreshed and fully rested. With books such as Arianna Huffington’s The Sleep Revolution reminding us of the importance of sleep, this is good to hear.
Essential oils can help prevent illness with its ability to kill germs in the environment. They can also help you heal faster if you are already ill. Oregano oil helps with the flu, peppermint oil helps with colds and congestion, while lemon oil can help kill viruses that might be causing infection.
Essential oils can help boost your mood or establish a sense of peace. This is especially helpful with children who are tired or frustrated.
They also help increase mental focus and endurance during exercise.
These are just a few of the many benefits that come with using a diffusor in your home. Now that we’ve gotten your attention, here are the top 10 best oil diffusor contenders of 2018.
How We Chose Our Ratings
The oil diffusers featured on the list were rated based on quality, durability, customer reviews, and the overall functionality of the device. We also considered the popularity of the blogs as a proof of their authenticity and authority.
We always rate our examples honestly based on our experience and strive for accuracy by verifying the sources we use for the examples that we choose to use.
The 10 Best Oil Diffuser
1. InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- Natural Wood Grain Look: Aroma diffuser gives a touch of zen-style to fits your workspace or home. It's a nice craft of...
- Sized Well with Adjustable Mist Output: Essential oil diffuser hold up to 200ml of water, not too big, not too small. A...
- 7 Color Mood Lighting. Fixed one color steady on / 7 colors rotating through / no lights on. Each color is adjustable...
The InnoGear is a top-seller in its category and for good reason. The oil diffuser has a built-in feature called the Whisper-Quiet Ultrasonic Operation. This feature grants the diffuser not only the ability to fill a space with a wonderful fragrance, but to also pump out a light mist.
This mist prevents the air from becoming to dry which can lead to dry skin, stuffy air, and germs. It will work for around 3 hours in continuous mode and about 6 hours in intermittent mode. It will shut off once the water runs out.
The best diffuser is so quiet you won’t even know its on and is completely portable. The only downside it that it is a bit bright which might make it a no go for those who prefer to sleep in the dark.
2. VicTsing 300ml Cool Mist Essential Oil Diffuser
- Diffuser & Humidifier: Adding several drops of oil into the water, it will fill your space with lovely fragrance. Some...
- Waterless Auto-Off Function: This aroma diffuser can last for 6 -8 hours with a water tank capacity of 300ml. Designed...
- 4 Time Setting Modes: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours and continuous. And there are 2 options of mist for you to choose from,...
This organic beauty is made with a wood grain exterior making it the perfect fit for those of us with a more bohemian inclination. You just screw open the top and pour in water along with the essential oil of your choice.
It will run for 10 hours continuously and will shut of automatically when the water runs out. It can be set on a timer to run for 3 hours, 6 hours, or continuously.
It uses ultrasound technology so it’s extremely quiet. It contains an LED light with 7 colors options that you can set to steady or let run on a changing pattern. It has rubber feet which help keep it stabilized on surfaces.
The downside is that it can be on the fragile side, so be careful!
3. SpaRoom Aromafier Portable Fragrance Essential Oil Diffuser
- PORTABLE. Small, palm sized, essential oil diffuser with LED soft blue lighting. Use for aromatherapy on the go.
- PERSONALIZED AROMATHERAPY. Promote a healthy fragrant environment in your personal area.
- INCLUDES ABSORBING FRAGRANT PADS. A plug-in oil diffuser includes three(3) replaceable micro-absorbing fragrance pads.
The SpaRoom Aromafier is a good choice for those on a budget. Its super portable since it can fit on the palm of your hand.
You have the option of powering it by using either two AA batteries or plug it into a USB port making it a great option on the go. Who wouldn’t want to travel with this little guy?
It diffuses your favorite scent using a fan making it quiet and has a small LED light to help with mood.
Its also a great fit for use in a car, especially if you’re on a road trip, so make sure to pack it with your Doritos.
4. URPOWER Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- URPOWER New Version: The URPOWER Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser is an upgraded version. The 2nd generation...
- Please use 100% pure essential oils with no corrosivity, Ultrasonic aroma essential oil diffuse is safe and does not...
- Outlet shouldn't be inserted cord that exceeds the maximum voltage.Fight back against dry air. This stylish cool mist...
The URPOWER takes a three-pronged approach. It will serve as your best oil diffuser, humidifier, and night light. It will run for about 6 hours before turning off when the water runs out. It diffuses the oil in a low mist and is equipped with an LED that you can choose to turn off or on. The LED setting comes with seven different colors.
For the days when you don’t want to use the diffuser, you can use the device as a humidifier to help with dry skin, a dry cough, or any sinus or respiratory irritation.
One thing to watch out for is that the top cannot be secured and just sits on the device, so be careful not to spill.
5. URPOWER 300ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser
- Portable for yoga, gym, office, baby room or bedroom up to 200 sq feet.
- ADVANCED Ultrasonic Diffusing technology which produces vibrations at a frequency of 2.4 millions times per second...
- Large 300ml water capacity that can continue use up to 8 hours each time. When time is up or there is no water, it will...
This URPOWER model is a top-seller in the best lit department. Its LED comes with seven color options and you can chose to put it in a kaleidoscope like rotation. Maybe you can try using it to spice up a party (we kid).
You can use is for 6 hours continuously and has a whisper-quiet operation. You can use it as a humidifier as well since it releases a soothing cool mist. The light can be turned off, but has a bright power light that can make it difficult to sleep with for those who sleep in the dark.
6. QUOOZ Lull Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- The ultimate home relaxation device- Brings the spa to you- GREAT GIFT IDEA
- AUTO SHUT- OFF when water runs low- adds to safety, energy efficiency, and peace of mind- especially for use at night
- MELT AWAY STRESS, RELAX, and REJUVENATE with the most advanced and effective method of diffusing tap water with a...
This diffuser made it on the list for its unique and sleek design that makes it a standout. Even its features are on trend.
The diffuser comes with a soothing light that can be set to breathing mode, which cycles the light to turn off and on rhythmically to help regulate your breathing. The light can be set to your preferred brightness. This is the perfect addition to any meditation practice as it helps create an entirely peaceful atmosphere.
The diffuser can run for 8 to 10 hours continuously and shuts off automatically after the water runs out.
Users have had trouble with it malfunctioning over time, but this is overall an excellent choice.
7. Ivenf Ceramic Tea Light Aromatherapy Essential Oil Burner
- Handcrafted with cut-out floral design, hollowed-out pattern allows light to go through, made of white glazed ceramic
- Easy to use, simply put a spoon of water & 5 - 10 drops of the oil into the bowl and light a small candle below
- Made to spread fragrance and light, lights through the holes cast beautiful patterns on wall/table with refreshing air...
The Ivenf Ceramic Tea Light Burner is a nonelectric option that doesn’t need to be plugged in or require batteries. This diffuser depends on the heat from the fire of a tea candle to warm the oil and disperse the scent.
Despite the name, the diffuser doesn’t actually burn the oil. The advantage is you get the ambiance of the beautiful dancing flame.
The disadvantage is that it obviously requires more attention than the electric options and you can certainly not use this while you are asleep because it doesn’t have an automatic shut off.
It is not the best oil diffusor for those who would like to use the diffusor overnight. For those who want the aesthetic of the burning candle this is a great option.
8. Jasmine Aroma Diffusers
- Jasmine uses ultrasonic technology, blending water and pure essential oil (no synthetic oil, please), emitting your...
- Operates at interval mode (10 minutes on/ 20 minutes off), increasing running time to 21 hours, or continuous mode,...
- Choose from 6 vibrant colors, giving you the option that will complement your surrounding decor and reflect your style
If your looking for a diffuser with a longer run time this is your best bet. This diffusor can run for close to 24 hours. It can run for 10 hours continuously and for 24 hours if place on the setting to disperse the mist intermittently.
It doesn’t have the designs of the other diffusers, but it is easy to use, sits comfortably in any part of a home, and can diffuse your favorite scent all day long. This is the best oil diffusor for those who’d like the diffusor to stay on all day.
9. Better Homes and Gardens Oil Diffuser, Moroccan Scroll
- Better Homes and Gardens diffuser connects to any standard outlet
- Humidifies the air and enhances environment with aromatherapy
- Moroccan scroll design accents any decor
The Better Homes and Gardens Oil Diffuser has a gorgeous design that is meant to be displayed.
This diffuser can sit on any table and the Moroccan Scroll design will be the envy of all who lay eyes on it. It has a water reserve of about 100ml and will run for around 8 hours. The backlight can be changed to whichever color you are in the mood for.
While it is pretty, it doesn’t have the features and extra functionality of some of the aforementioned diffusers.
10. QUOOZ Rockano Ultrasonic Diffusor Humidifier
- RELAX AND REJUVENATE with a few drops of your favorite essential oils in our Ultrasonic Humidifier / Aromatherapy...
- TWO MIST SETTINGS allow the Rockano to run 5-10 hours. The regular setting provides a moderate mist to last all through...
- VERSATILE LED LIGHT can be adjusted for brightness; turned off entirely, including buttons; or set to "breathing" mode,...
This diffuser has a unique mountain like design and is easy to use. You just fill the diffuser with tap water up to the reservoir line and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil
It uses no heat and instead produces a cool mist to protect the integrity of the oils. The diffusor shuts off automatically once its run out of water. It can run for 10 hours on the regular setting and for 5 hours on its high-powered setting.
The diffuser has LED lights that you can turn off or on with the option to choose its brightness. An additional benefit is the negative ions that are created when the mist is produced that mimic that ions you would receive in natural rain.
This is the best oil diffusor if you like many features and a unique design.
Buyers Guide – What to Consider When Using a Diffuser
Make sure your diffuser has an automatic shut off option if you are going to use it to fall asleep. The lack of one can be dangerous.
When purchasing your best oil diffusor consider how long you would like it to stay on. If you would like one that stays on longer, purchase a diffusor with a larger water holding capacity.
You should also consider the amount of space you want your diffuser to be able to fill. If you are using the diffuser in a larger space, it would be better to use a larger diffuser or several smaller diffusers distributed throughout.
It might seem counter-intuitive, but less water in a diffuser actually produces a larger stream of mist. This is a good thing to bear in mind when filling your diffuser or considering the size you’d like to purchase.
With this guide you should be able to find and buy the best oil diffuser for you. The diffuser that fits your aesthetic preferences and your desire to relax.