UPDATED in May 2018
A good set of kitchen knives does not need to break your budget entirely. In fact, there are quite a number of brands that offer affordable and reliable kitchen knives, which are guaranteed to improve your cooking experience and save you a considerable amount of money. Due to the numerous messages we’ve received from our readers, we’ve decided to do review the best kitchen knife sets under $100 based on their materials, storage options, durability, and practicality.
10. Farberware Self-Sharpening Knife Block Set
- EDGEKEEPER TECHNOLOGY: Each primary slot features a built-in knife Ceramic sharpener that automatically hones the...
- PROFESSIONAL SET: This 13-piece set includes an 8-inch chef knife, 8-inch slicer knife, 5-inch Santoku, 5.5-inch...
- HIGH-QUALITY BLADES: Each knife features a high-carbon, stainless steel blade which ensure the knife retains its...
The Farberware self-sharpening knife block set contains 11 knives, a pair of all-purpose shears, and a storage block.
Each slot in the storage block hones the knife as you remove it or replace it. The Farberware set comes with a basic chef knife and santoku, and it also includes steak knives and paring knives. Furthermore, each knife is made of high-carbon stainless steel, which means they are stain and corrosion resistant.
- Corrosion resistant material
- Also includes kitchen shears
- Steel handles for added durability
- Not dishwasher safe
- May require additional sharpening
9. Oster Baldwyn Brushed Satin Cutlery Block Set
- One 6-1/2-Inch santoku knife, one 8-Inch carving knife, one 5-Inch utility knife, one 3-1/2-Inch paring knife, six...
- Stainless steel, polyoxymethyleme handle
- Mirror polished, black block
This 22 piece set comes with almost every knife shape you would ever need. You get multiple sizes of chef’s knives, a Santoku, a carving knife, paring knives, and a bread knife. It also has a carving fork, kitchen shears, and a knife sharpening tool. If you love minimalist, modern designs, this is the best kitchen knife set under $100 you could get.
- Elegant brushed satin finish on handles compliments kitchen decor
- Dishwasher safe
- Ergonomic comfort-designed handles
- Lifetime warranty
- Steak knives have unusually thick handles
8. LivingKit Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set
- HIGH QUALITY Kitchen Knife Set - Exclusive Taper Grind edge technology provides optimum sharpness for precise cutting...
- BLADES MATERIAL - Knife Blades Are Made From 420 Grade 3Cr14 Stainless Steel. The Following Formula Is A Break Down In...
- VALUE SET - 14-piece kitchen knife set includes 8" chef's knife, 8" slicing knife, 8" bread knife, 5" utility knife, and...
The blade of the knife extends throughout the handles, which are triple-riveted together, so these knives are quite sturdy. With this kit, you get five cooking knives, six steak knives, kitchen shears, and a sharpener.
- Very sharp blades when purchased
- Small storage block doesn’t take up much space
- Includes chef’s knife, bread knife, and slicing knife
- Extremely strong shears
- Requires frequent sharpening
If you’re looking for a high-quality chef knife, be sure to read our reviews on the best chef knives of 2018.
7. Utopia Kitchen Premium Knife Set
- SET INCLUDES: 8" chef knife; 8" bread knife; 8" slicing knife; 5" utility knife; 3.5" paring knife; six 4.5" steak...
- Wipe the knives clean with a soft-cloth after hand-washing to prolong the set's life. Avoid washing in a dishwasher
- The solid, one piece stainless steel structure is designed specifically to eliminate the issue of handles falling off
Each one of these knives is made from a single piece of stainless steel, so the knife won’t snap off at the handle. In addition to six steak knives, you also get a chef knife, bread knife, carving knife, utility knife, paring knife, as well as an Acrylic stand. If design is important to you, this is the best kitchen knife set under $100 you could get this year.
- Ergonomic handle shape
- Stylishly see-through clear acrylic stand
- Well-balanced cooking knives
- Not dishwasher safe
Recommended reads: Would you prefer a multi-purpose pro knife instead of a set? Then check out our article on the best chef knives you can buy this year. And if you’re on a budget, make sure you also check out our article on the best chef knives under $50!
6. AmazonBasics Knife Set
- 14-piece knife set includes: 1 Pine wood block, 1 pair of scissors, 11 knife( 8-inch chef's knife, 8-inch slicing...
- Also includes (6) 4.5-inch steak knives, kitchen shears, sharpener, and wood block
- Superior high-carbon stainless-steel blades for precision results
This 14-piece knife set includes 11 stainless-steel knives, one pair of scissors, one pinewood block, and a wood block. This sturdy and affordable set from the AmazonBasics line of home furnishings contains most basic knife types, however, their chef’s knife has a particularly nice shape; it is curved enough to cut in a convenient rocking motion.
- Sharpener included with kit
- Triple-riveted handles for extra strength
- Wooden storage block is easily scratched
- No medium sized knives
5. Den Haven Multi-Use Knife Set
- 8 PIECE STAINLESS STEEL KNIFE SET: Form meets function with this colorful 8 piece knife set.
- CHOP SLICE AND PEEL WITH EASE: 7 unique knives plus ergonomic peeler, all with easy grip handles.
- INCLUDES: Chef Knife Bread Knife Carving Knife Utility Knife Paring Knife Cheese Knife & Pizza Knife
This set includes 7 kitchen knives made of stainless steel, plus an ergonomic peeler, all with easy grip handles. Each knife is designed for different purposes. The package includes the following: a chef knife, a bread knife, a utility knife, a carving knife, a paring knife, a cheese knife, and a pizza knife. If you like playful colors and utility, this is the best kitchen knife set under $100 you could get as it’s easy to differentiate between them.
- Colored handles make it easy to grab the correct knife
- Non-stick coating makes knives easier to clean
- Affordable and lightweight
- Does not come with storage container
- Requires regular sharpening
Are you looking for more advice on choosing the best knives for your kitchen? Take a look at our extensive buying guide below!
4. Cusinart Stainless Steel Block Set
- Superior high carbon stainless steel blades for precision and accuracy
- Strong, durable bolster for perfect stability and control
- Ergonomically designed stainless steel handle provides comfort
In addition to the standard chef, Santoku, and serrated knives, this set from Cuisinart also has a sharpening steel tool and kitchen shears. A thick bolster provides security and control while using each knife and the ergonomically designed steel provides extra comfort while chopping and slicing.
- Comes with six steak knives
- High carbon stainless steel holds blade sharpness
- Single piece construction provides durability
- Knives may be too lightweight for some preferences
- Not dishwasher safe
3. Chicago Cutlery Fusion Knife Block Set
- 3.25" parer, 3" peeler, 5" utility, 8 - 4.25" steak knives, 7.75" chef, 8" slicer, 7.75" bread, 5" partoku, 7" santoku,...
- Professional high-carbon stainless steel forged blades with black comfort-grip poly handles
- Exclusive Taper Grind edge technology provides optimum sharpness for precise cutting and is easy to re-sharpen
This 18-piece kitchen knife set from Chicago Cutlery is made of high-carbon steel blades with poly handles and are constructed with taper grind edge technology which ensures their durability. The Chicago Cutlery knife set includes a peeling knife, a utility knife, a paring knife, a slicer, chef, bread, partoku, santoku, and steak knives. Of course, the wooden block is also included; the set also comes with a sharpening steel.
- Can hold an edge even with heavy repeated use
- Have good grip and maneuverability
- Very sharp right out of the box
- Not dishwasher-safe
2. Aicok Kitchen Knife Set
- Professional Forged Compact Knife Set: 6 pcs knife sets with 1.4116 imported German Stainless Steel design...
- Precision crafted: Hand tapered blades with times tested ground process makes our blade edges supremely ...
- Great kitchen top cutlery set: Attractive pinewood retractable knife holder with 5 essential knives compa...
The Aicok kitchen knife set contains five knives made of high-carbon stainless steel, along with a wooden stand. Though there are only a few knives in this set, each one is a quality kitchen instrument. The comfortable grips are riveted onto the tang of the knife, which extends throughout the handle. Each set includes a chef knife, bread knife, carving knife, utility knife, and paring knife. The second best kitchen knife set under $100 is designed in Germany and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Each blade forged from a single piece of steel
- Compact stand for easy storage
- Lifetime warranty
- Lacks steak knives
- Not suitable for dishwashing; can only be hand-cleaned
1. J.A. Henckels International Block Set
- Includes 3" Paring Knife, 5" Serrated Utility Knife, 8" Bread Knife, 5" Hollow Edge Santoku, 8" Chef's Knife, 4x 4.5"...
- Fabricated from high-quality stainless steel
- Single-piece, precision-stamped blade construction provides durability
J.A. Henckels lives up to their reputation for quality construction with this set. Each blade is made from a single piece of precision stamped steel with a grippable handle riveted onto it. The set contains 9 kitchen knives, a pair of kitchen shears, sharpening steel, and a hardwood knife block. This is, by far, the best kitchen knife set under $100 available for online purchase this year.
- Comes with shears and sharpener
- Includes both santoku and chef’s knives
- Comfortable and ergonomic handle design
- A bit expensive
- The knife stand is slightly bulky
As you can see, there are many different kitchen knife sets available for under $100. When making your decision, be sure to consider your budget and cooking habits in order to determine which one of these top sets works best for you. Our personal favorite as the best kitchen knife set under $100 is the J. A. Henckels set, but you couldn’t go wrong with any other product on this list.