The best clothes steamer should be effective at removing wrinkles from your clothing quickly, but can also be used on linens, drapes, and a host of other household items. They even work against unpleasant odors and certain stains! Handheld steamers are the easiest to use but also have shorter running times because of the smaller water tank. Therefore, depending on your needs, you may need a few tips before choosing the best one.
Our list of the 10 best clothes steamers in 2019 will provide you with what we consider top of the line steamers based on their affordability, size, user rating, overall water capacity, and how they perform. We’ll also provide you with general pros and cons for each one.
10. Yoleo Handheld Garment Steamer
We like that this unit is ready to steam your clothing in under 20 seconds. Just add some water to the tank and it becomes one of the best handheld clothes steamer choices on the market today. The compact size makes it a great addition to small apartments or during any of your travels. You’ll get a lot of power in a simple, easy-to-use design that can effectively remove creases and odors from even the most delicate fabrics.
- It’s ready to use quickly
- You can steam continuously for up to 12 minutes
- It is lightweight and portable
- In rare cases, the steamer may spit hot water.
9. Conair Handheld Steamer with Dual Heat
- Extreme Steam Dual Heat Technology creates concentrated steam, up to 30% hotter, to penetrate heavier fabrics and...
- Dual heat system with 1110 watts of power, 75 second heat up feature, and up to 15 minute steam time
- Slide switch for dual heat settings - low and high temperatures; features steam trigger with built in switch for...
This is perhaps one of the best handheld clothes steamer options if you what you want is a clothes steamer that has a relatively large water tank but remains portable. It can get up to 30 percent hotter than some other leading products for a deep steam that makes it one of the best clothes steamers around. This handheld clothes steamer comes with dual heat technology and also includes a 9-foot cord and three removable attachments.
- It comes with brush, cushion, and creaser attachments.
- You can kill mites and bed bugs with it.
- It has a 15-minute steam time.
- It takes a little longer to heat up than some other models.
8. Conair Ultimate Steamer
- Bring new life to clothing, drapes, upholstery and other household fabrics with the Conair 1500 Watt Ultimate Garment...
- 45-second heat-up with 90-minute continuous steam time allows for quick touch-ups to large whole house jobs
- The Conair 1500 Watt Ultimate Garment Steamer has an energy-saving steam pause feature with Cool-touch T-nozzle, 5-foot...
Another product from Conair, this is one of the best clothes steamer options on the market if you want something that is full-size rather than compact. Because this clothes steamer is bigger, it also holds up to 80 ounces of water. If you have a lot of clothes, this steamer can deal with them in under 90 minutes, but is able to produce steam after only 45 seconds from startup. The settings on this steamer for clothes are intuitive and the tank is easy to detach and refill.
- You can pause the steam function.
- It only takes 45 seconds to heat up.
- It is large yet easy to store.
- It can be hard to steam pants with it.
7. Homitt Clothes Steamer
- HEATS UP QUICKLY : Our garment steamer heats up incredibly fast in 60-90s, so there's no waiting around, and it shoots...
- WRINKLE REMOVER : Equipment with 8 hole nozzle and 16-17g/min steam volume, the clothes steamer is pretty efficient...
- CONVENIENT FOR TRAVEL : The compact design makes this travel steamer would easily fit in the suitcase or carry on bag,...
The new for 2018 version of the Homitt model makes it one of the best steamers for clothes right now. It contains several extra features to make the task of steaming easier for you, like its compact and lightweight nature, maneuverability, and fast heating. Some other features of this portable clothes steamer include a safety shut-off and a leak-free nozzle. If you’re looking for the best steamer for clothes that you can use at home or on the road, this one might be it.
- It’s lightweight
- You can use it with all fabrics.
- It heats up quickly.
- You can only use it with cold water.
6. PurSteam Full Size Garment Fabric Steamer Professional Heavy Duty
- WHY IS THIS THE ULTIMATE STEAMER IN THE USA: We designed it to be the absolutely most powerful and continuous steamer...
- LARGEST AVAILABLE 2.5 LITER 85 fl oz WATER TANK: Steams continuously for over 60 minutes per tank.
- BURN PREVENTION SAFETY CAP: Prevents opening the water tank when there is hot steam or water inside that can cause skin...
We like that this is still one of the best portable clothes steamers you can buy while also having a relatively large water tank of 5 ounces, which ensures enough water for around eight minutes of steaming. This clothes steamer heats up in under a minute and gets wrinkles out of all types of fabric: delicate items, upholstery, bedding, and so on.
- It is powerful yet portable
- It doesn’t drip or spit
- You can steam clothes for up to 8 minutes
- The outer shell may get very hot
5. Aicok Large Capacity Clothes Steamer
- REFRESH YOUR CLOTHES INSTANTLY - With 1500W motor, the full size clothes steamer takes only 45 seconds to preheat,...
- 68oz LARGE CAPACITY - 68oz Large water tank, providing 60 minutes of continuous steam, the home clothes steamer makes...
- SAFETY DESIGN: Wrapped in heavy knit, the steamer pipe prevents you from burn. When it is too hot or lack of water, the...
We think the best clothes steamer should hold lots of water, be easy to use, and be able to remove wrinkles from just about any fabric, and this garment steamer from Aicok fits that bill. It has a 68-gallon water tank and has steam ready in just 45 seconds from startup. It’s made of anti-corrosion and fireproof materials, so you can be sure it’s a long-lasting clothes steamer. Even though not compact, this steamer will last through years of repeated use.
- It has a high-capacity tank
- It includes poles to adjust the height.
- You can steam clothes for an hour.
- The hose can get hot.
Interested in more ways to care for your clothes and ensure their longevity? Check out the absolute best-smelling laundry detergents in 2019 and the best clothes drying racks that will quickly dry out your clothes and leave them fresh and clean! You can also give our collection of the best portable washer & dryer combos a read!
Pro tip: Alternatively, you could also try an air purifier to clean out the air in your laundry room or home; this will further improve the freshness of your clothes.
4. Bizond Best Portable Clothes Steamer
|Affordability||Size||User rating||Water capacity|
|Inexpensive||8.7 x 6.4 x 4 inches||4.5/5||4 ounces|
This best clothes steamer is small but holds enough water for you to steam clothes for over ten minutes. It includes handy features such as an ergonomic design and a specially designed water tank that allows the device to be tilted at angles of over 80 degrees. It’s one of the best rated clothes steamers on the market and it’s definitely the best garment steamer in its price range.
- Light yet powerful.
- Auto shut-off.
- Does not leak.
- It may spit water.
3. Rowenta Master Valet Steamer
- EASY-TO-USE - Roll-and-Press vertical support, built in hanger with clips, stay-cool handle, flexible fabric hose,...
- CONVENIENT STORAGE - adjustable-height telescopic pole pushes down for compact storage, easy tilt-and-roll...
- FAST AND POWERFUL - 1550 Watts with 30 g/min of steam output and 60 second heat-up time. Steam your clothes in no time!
This reasonably priced, yet heavy-duty steamer has vertical rods to help hold garments in place. Many users say it gets rid of wrinkles quickly and you can steam for over an hour with one water charge. This Rowenta garment steamer comes with a vertical roll-and-press support that holds garments in place while steaming them. The foot-operated on-off switch is another very convenient feature of this steamer. These, plus the excellent ratings and reviews make this the third best clothes steamer on the market today.
- Handle stays cool
- Water tank is easy to remove
- You can adjust the height
- The included clips may not secure clothes well
2. J-2000 Jiffy Steamer
- 1300 watt solid brass heating element (120 volt for North America use only...not for export)
- High-impact plastic outer housing for durability
- Quick two minute heat-up time.6 inches wide plastic steam head
We like that for such a large clothes steamer, the J-2000 still heats up in about two minutes. It holds 3/4 gallons of water which last for about 1.5 hours of continuous use. Even though the design might be a bit old-fashioned, according to our research, this is the second best clothes steamer currently on the market.
- Combines quick heating time with a large tank
- You can steam for over an hour.
- The price can be high for some users.
1. iSteam 4-in-1 Steamer
- ADVANCED STEAMING TECHNOLOGY - No wrinkle is too tough for ISTEAM! Impeccably ironed and wrinkle-free clothes right...
- THE PERFECT STEAMING: EASY & SAFE - Manufactured under strict safety guidelines. Automatic shut-down system when it gets...
- SUPERIOR WRINKLE REMOVER - Powerful clothes steamer, highly effective and gentle for all kinds of garments or fabric....
This compact clothes steamer gets our top spot for the best steamer for clothes. It removes wrinkles from nearly any fabric due to the new, redesigned nozzle with increased steam pressure. It also comes with a high-captivity water filter that lasts enough for a 10-minute steaming. This is, according to ratings and reviews from verified customers, the best clothes steamer currently on the market.
- It can steam, clean, sterilize and humidify clothes
- Heats up quickly
- Shuts off when overheating occurs
- Water levels can be hard to gauge
Finding the best clothes steamer on the market doesn’t have to be a chore – at the moment of writing, the absolute best rated clothes steamer was the iSteam 4-in-1 clothes steamer, but heavy-duty options on our list like the J-2000 model are also reliable for long-term use.
Please feel free to share your thoughts on the best rated clothes steamers in the comment section below!