Due to questions about the toxicity of aluminum-based ingredients, or allergies, more and more consumers are choosing to opt for an aluminum-free deodorant.
Whether you are tired of irritation, worried about the safety of using aluminum on your body, or simply want to use natural products, we have something for you!
The purpose of our article is to review and rank 10 of the best aluminum free deodorants currently available. The criteria we will use to base our rankings include the following:
- The presence of artificial fragrances
- Organic ingredient formulas
- The number of natural scent choices
10. Sky Organics Aluminum Free Antiperspirant
Shop now at Amazon.com
With the option to purchase larger number of products, Sky Organics is one of the best aluminum free deodorants in terms of affordability. Their formula is also completely organic and fragrance-free as well. This makes it a great option for use by both men and women. It’s also a great pick for people with sensitive skin.
- Backed by a 30-day guarantee from the manufacturer
- Suitable for use by both men and women
- Natural moisturizers help improve skin health
- The lack of scent may not provide enough odor protection for some users
9. Island Deodorant
Another perfect option for fans of organic products is Island deodorant. Featuring a blend of oils like coconut, this product provides an effective way to control mild odors while also nourishing your skin. Due to the lack of animal-based ingredients, this product is also a perfect fit for vegans and vegetarians.
- Includes several probiotic strains
- Cruelty-free formula is perfect for vegans and vegetarians
- The formula is easy to apply
- Tends to cost more than most other brands
7. Crystal Active
Crystal Active is another potential alternative to traditional aluminum-based deodorants. Their formula contains just one ingredient that is proven to help decrease sweat production. The special mineral used in this product can last for up to two years with daily use too. This makes it a great budget-friendly alternative.
- Can last for up to two years with daily use
- Contains no fragrances or dyes
- The manufacturer backs their product with a money back guarantee
- Some users with sensitive skin may experience slight skin irritation
6. Tom’s of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick
Another one of the best aluminum free deodorants is called Tom’s of Maine. While not fully organic, their formula does combine a wide range of rich botanicals to help nourish and protect your skin. It’s also completely free of artificial fragrance.
- Large package size is ideal for big families
- Helps protect your skin with several botanical extracts
- Tends to provide lasting protection
- The floral fragrance may be too much for some men
5. Soft & Dri
For many users, switching to an aluminum-free deodorant means that you have to find one with a lasting scent. This is where Soft & Dri shines the most. In addition to its pleasant aromas, it features a formula that glides on effortlessly and remains invisible.
- The fragrance tends to last for quite a while
- Does not produce streams or leave a white film
- Compact enough to easily store in your purse for on the go protection
- Not many alternative scents are currently available
4. Green Tidings
Green Tidings earned its place on our list for many reasons. For starters, it’s one of the few products that we found that features a BPA-free tube design. We also love that it comes in both an unscented and scented variety. As for odor protection, it does a decent job providing lasting relief.
- Available in both unscented and scented formulas
- The tube features a BPA-free design
- Suitable for use by both vegetarians and vegans
- Cost a bit more than some of the other choices
Nasanta is one of the few aluminum-free deodorants that we recommend that utilizes a roller ball applicator tip. Instead of aluminum, this formula uses a magnesium-based compound to help neutralize odors naturally. We also love that it doesn’t sting freshly shaved skin.
- This formula is never tested on animals
- With a 30-day guarantee from the manufacturer, consumers are protected
- The roller ball applicator helps prevent over application
- There are very few health benefits associated with applying magnesium to your skin
Freedom remains one of the most popular aluminum-free deodorants on the market. One of the nicest things about this brand is that it comes in four different scents and an unscented version. We also love that it applies easily without any clumping.
- Available in both scented and unscented versions
- Tends to provide excellent lasting odor protection
- Free of synthetic fragrances and dyes
- One of the most costly brands to consider trying out
1. Mountaineer Brand
Featuring a blend of lime and clary sage essential oils, Mountaineer Brand deodorant is suitable for use by both men and women. The scent can be described as light and fresh. The manufacturer crafts their deodorant by hand in small batches to help ensure high-quality results.
- Comes in three different scents
- Naturally absorbs wetness to help keep you dry
- Produced in the United States
- Fragrances may be considered too spicy by some women
Take your time browsing our product recommendations to find the best aluminum free deodorants for you. Many of the products we reviewed come in multiple scents and some are even designed to be used by both men and women. If you have any product recommendations that you would like to share, feel free to tell us about them in the comments area.
Last update on 2021-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API